Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Got to grieve her, got to wreck it...

From www.nightwish.com:

Press Statement
01.10.2012
Another chapter of the Nightwish story has ended today. Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company, in mutual understanding, for the good of all parties involved.

In recent times it has become increasingly obvious that the direction and the needs of the band were in conflict, and this has led to a division from which we cannot recover.

Nightwish has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from The Netherlands (ex-After Forever, ReVamp), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the Imaginaerum world tour.

We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone.
We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together.

- NIGHTWISH & Anette Olzon
~*~*~*~*~*~
I'm still not sure I have the words to truly express how I feel about this. It's taking too much time to sink in. Heartbroken is the only word that comes to mind right now that seems to even come close to what a blow this feels like. I can't imagine how the guys and Anette are all feeling. If it feels this much like losing a friend to me...
I can only hope that it truly was mutual, and that this truly is not the end of Nightwish, but simply the end to yet another chapter in what has been thusfar an absolutely incredible career. I have said this before, after Tarja was fired, that the heart and soul of Nightwish is Tuomas, and as long as he is there, the spirit and feeling of the band will survive. I still believe that.
I'm sure as days pass I'll find more to say. Right now it's all a jumble. Hoping that immersing myself in the music will start to heal this heartache, but so far I have to say it only has me on the verge of tears.
~Selene

No comments:

Post a Comment